What the hell.. i meant to say Bandeng Presto Bumbu Bali; it is an authentic Indonesian cuisine. 😀 I’m not really sure of its origin, but it’s a family recipe that I shall never forget. It is super delicious!
According to google translate, ikan bandeng is milkfish – well i don’t know whether it’s right but let’s have faith XD~
The spices and seasonings used are:
- Chilli – the big and small ones
How to cook:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.. saute until it’s cooked and fragrant *u’ll know when it’s ready.. it smells reeeaaaally good!*
- Marinate the milkfish with salt and then deep fry. it helps the fish to stay intact during the cooking process.. the meat and skin texture becomes firmer.
- Add the fried fish into the bali sauce.. add some water to your desired consistency.
- Now, you can skip this step if you want, but my mom used pressure cooker to soften the bones and everything so we can eat the whole fish without getting rid of the annoying fishbones. She presscooked them for 2 hours.
Aaand it’s done! best served with hot steamy rice 😀
p.s. Sorry for the awful pic, I took it in a hurry with my phone camera. What? I was hungry! XD~